Friday, June 13, 2014

Lots of Cards for SMT

It's time for a Show Me Thursday Post on Sassy Cheryl's blog. Time to show you what I've been working on for the last week and a half, and for once I actually have some cards to show you instead of vacuum tracks in the carpet.

First off I had to get the invites out for our Annual 'Round about the 4th of July Shrimp Boil. Coming up with something different is a challenge after doing this for so many years. I would love to do a little more assembly, but when you're having to produce 90 of these invitations, speed counts. I used the state of Mississippi image from the Silhouette store and filled it with the stars and stripes digital paper from the Liberty Paper pack by Just So Scrappy 2. I punched the star and added the red metal nailhead and placed it on our location on the map. Simply created the text in the Silhouette software, added it to the image, did a offset of the state and cut and print.

The next series of cards are for our enlisted men to write a note in and send home and are going in a box to Operation Write Home. Pinterest was the source of the ideas. I have 48 cards to go in the box so far. Hopefully next week's post will have another 48 cards to had to the box, before mailing.







2 comments:

  1. Very impressive Shirley. Betting everyone looks forward to your invitations and I know the Operation Write Home cards are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how my friend Wesley Virgin's story starts in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL video.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "self mind control" tactics that the government and others used to obtain everything they want.

    THESE are the exact same methods many celebrities (notably those who "come out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know how you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's because the majority of your brain's power is UNTAPPED.

    Perhaps that expression has even occurred IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head about seven years ago, while driving a non-registered, beat-up trash bucket of a car with a suspended license and on his debit card.

    "I'm very frustrated with living paycheck to paycheck! Why can't I become successful?"

    You've taken part in those thoughts, am I right?

    Your success story is waiting to be written. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

    WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW

    ReplyDelete