Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Rest of My Washington Trip

Well, here I am sitting at the airport at SeaTac, feeling a bit bittersweet. I'm on my way  home, and while I'm ready to see my DH and get back to Tazmania, I have to say I'm a bit blue to be leaving Anna and Judy. It has been a wonderful 9 days, and I've made new family with this visit. I've gotten to spend the rest of my trip with Anna and her family, and its been exciting.

On Wednesday, Judy's DH, Anna and I went down to do the Boeing Tour. No cameras were allowed, so no pictures there, but let me tell you watching them make these planes is an education in teamwork. The building itself is unbelieveable. From there we went to Anthony's, a seafood restaurant on the water. I had a delicious meal of Blackened Rockfish with a pineapple salsa. Just think ymmm.


From there Anna, and I went over to the harbor at Everett and to see the Lighthouse.
Judy putting on the vinyl
spraying on the Frosted spray
Finished jar

The amazing thing about my trip is that the sun shone all week long, so on Thursday, Judy came over and we worked on the luminaries for Anna's sister's wedding.

Anna and I also worked on a white board for her sister for a wedding present. We were really impressed with the magnet coverings.

On Friday, we headed over to the Ben Franklin(think more Hobby Lobby than the old Five and Dime). It was funny because Judy was looking at the Spellbinders and her comment that if she didn't have her Cameo, she would have been spending some money.

Today, Anna, her DH, her youngest and I had lunch at an Italian Restaurant, and then went up to Deception Pass. Her DH took these pictures, as I forgot to put my memory card back in my camera.

On the way home, we stopped at the Seafood store for Lopez Ice Cream. Anna has been talking about this ice cream for a year, so I had to have some. She was dead on right about how good it is. This is my cone with Coconut(almost gone) and Lemon Raspberry Swirl.

OK, need to close this computer down, and get ready to board the plane for home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! You all were so busy and I wish I could have been there to go along for the fun! I'm totally wanting icecream now! Gee thanks!
    I hope your trip home was a safe one and you will be able to get a little relaxing done later today. Hugs my sweet! Thanks for all the fabulous photos.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete