Monday, February 25, 2013

Sketch Challenge for Sassy Cheryl's

Thank you Dawn for a sketch challenge on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog this week. I always love a sketch, because it's one less decision I have to make. My comfort zone is just a little bit more comfortable with not having to make that decision.

For my image this week, I had to use this image from the NEW and IMPROVED Sassy Cheryl's Stamps called Just Be Yourself. I've colored her with my Prismacolor and Faber-Castell pencils.

When I saw this image, I immediately flashed back to first grade pictures of my younger daughter. She was 7 years old when I married her father, so I had absolutely no part in the ensembles she had on for both her school picture or her class picture. Needless to say, my husband must have been totally unaware that pictures were being made, because in her school picture she had on her Bert and Ernie t-shirt that had seen better days, and in her class picture, she had on gathered floral skirt with non-matching striped knee socks. She was definitely being herself, and she's still very much herself. She is also a good enough mother to let her 6 year old be himself. After all, in the greater scheme of things, fifty years from now, will it matter that she wore floral skirts with striped socks. I think not. In fact, I think it will be good for a laugh. I will add that in all subsequent school and class pictures, she matched.LOL

You know that I of course used digital papers and designed the card in Cameo. After all, that is me just being me.  The papers are from Shery K Designs Lalaloobsy Kit. The sentiment was typed in Silhouette, and just what I thought she might be thinking.

Thanks again Dawn for another great sketch challenge. I had a great time making this card, especially as I had Cec here crafting with me this week.


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Fun card Shirley! Love your coloring of Sally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny---and you who dresses little girls like Sew Beautiful magazine models! Your card is darling-love the beautiful papers. Thanks so much for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blue britches and pink shirt Shirley. Glad to hear you and Cec had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her blue britches and pink shirt Shirley. Glad to hear you and Cec had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny Shirley. My Sister insisted on dressing herself when she was little and she too wore some pretty unusual ensembles. Lol
    I bet your Daughter's pictures are priceless!!
    Love your take on Dawn's sketch. What fun DP and colors. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a fun card Mz. Shirley! I am always amazed at how you do everything with the cameo.. can't wait for some one on one lessons.. mine is out of the box, but as you know with everything going on, hasn't been touched. the day will come!
    your coloring with the pencils -rocks-!!! proud of you for using pencils.. you go girl.
    I love it when you get sassy with us for the challenges..
    hugs to ya
    keep up the great creating:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just LOVE the story to go along with your beautiful card! I have this picture in my head of that. TOO funny! Love, love, love your beautiful card Shirley! And of course the coloring is gorgeous and I LOVE the sentiment. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete