Monday, December 3, 2012

A Sketch Challenge for Sassy Cheryls

Thank you Jackie for the sketch challenge for this week on the Sassy Cheryl Challenge Blog. As usual, I'm to the last minute getting something created. With a sketch provided, it was one less thing than my overloaded brain had to deal with.

I have actually had this image colored for a couple of weeks. It's called the Tree Trimmers and can be found at the Sassy Cheryl's store HERE. I was practicing with my PrismaColor pencils, so no Copics on this one. WOOHOO!!!!

I of course laid out the card using my Silhouette Cameo(and no I don't own stock in the company, but it's one of the most versatile and easy to use machines on the market IMHO). The papers are from Just So Scrappy 2's Santa Baby kit. The holly strips and the poinsettia are cut files from the Silhouette Online Store. I broke the strip into layers in order to color the leaves and the berries. I copied a couple of the leaves and berried and resized them for my corner embellishment.

Now off to clean up the super mess I created just trying to get this card put together.

7 comments:

  1. WOW Shirley. . .you are going to town with those PC pencils. This is gorgeous! I LOVE the hint of red around the image and the little Holly leaves are a super fun touch. It's perfect!!!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Sketch challenge this week!!!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there sassy lady!! I have heard so much about that Cameo thing...I may need to check it out. hehehe! Because I sure like some of the things you can do with it! Your card is fantabulous, girlfriend!! I love the colors and papers...and what a fun SC image. Seriously...this is just prisma pencils? Your technique is stunning!! I love it!! So glad you've joined us again this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Big hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, girlie, you did an awesome coloring job---again!!! And, there my pencils sit...they call my name, taunt me, but nope, not now...Maybe AFTER Christmas!!! Love your card design, too, my friend!
    I am so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh, that's the poinsettia that we both got in the store.. it looks fantatic!
    fun fun fun card my sassy friend! I love it.
    great design and AWESOME pencil coloring! you go girl...
    my best student:):)
    Glad you were able to get a card done and get down and sassy with us this week!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shirley, this is darling!! Don't you just love these little guys? I am lovin' that poinsettia!! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say practice makes perfect and this is some great coloring here. I love the blue ornament. It just shines! Kinda like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley this is gorgeous love how you cut around the stamp and that colouring is amazing.x

    ReplyDelete