Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Own Challenge and SMT76

Well it's that time of the week again. You know when I mean, The time where you show Sassy Cheryl on the Sassy Cheryl Blog what you've got going on in your life for a chance at a free Sassy Cheryl's image. It doesn't get any easier than this. Hey if all you're doing is lying around eating bonbons, it qualifies.

Some of you know that I've been a Weight Watcher since 2003 and a Weight Watcher leader for about the 8 years. Well next Thursday is my last day of employment, as I've tendered my resignation. There are many reasons for giving up the job. Let me just say, that I'm ready to be fully retired and being able to set my own schedule.

At any rate, I'm very attached to the members in the two classes I lead, and I decided to that I wanted to do something for them as a parting gift. Motivation is the hardest part of doing the Program. Several weeks ago I assigned my members to give me a quote that keeps them motivated. I've taken those quotes, used my MTC software and my Black Cat to print and cut the quotes out as well as open topped envelopes to insert the quote cards into. So here are pictures of the process starting with the envelopes. I still need to design a folding box to put the finished sets of quotes into.

Starting the process with cutting out the envelopes

775 envelopes folded and glued

The cut and print of the quotes

25 sets of 33 quotes

   
775 envelopes stuffed with quotes

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a huge project, Shirley! I envy your full time retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning shirley!
    oh hun if you have that many envelops to sort out then I can guess a few reasons why you have decided to retire! and they look like they are going to be be awesome too hun, I love that you took everybodies quotes for each one too, thats so awesome.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley- You are nothing short of AMAZING!!! Those are lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, really a huge project. It shows you really care. Lovely done. Thanks for stopping by at my blog too.

    I wish you happy retiring. I'm sure you'll still be busy but as you pointed out well at your own schedule.

    Keti XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is amazing and soooo much work but you are such an Energizer bunny that it doesn't surprise me that you are doing this. The WW ladies are lucky to be getting such a thoughtful gift and they won't forget you.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I just KNEW this would be your SMT post. My Lord woman. . . .this is incredible! Makes me tired just looking at it. I'm with Cec. . . you're like the Energizer Bunny!
    They are lucky to have you. Love it and truly amazing.
    Thanks for sharing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow. If you think giving this job up will allow you to rest, you are only fooling yourself. You will be in the middle of some major project within a month, I promise you. Energizer Bunny - too too funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Shirley, I knew that number of envelopes were a lot when you just say the number but to actually see it ...WOW You are such an inspiration and they are going to miss you but totally understand why you need to "feel" retired LOL. Great and thoughtful gift from you to your classes :)

    ReplyDelete