Tuesday, April 10, 2012

100th Challenge Celebration at Phindy's Place

This week is the 100th Challenge for the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, and there's a party and a give-a-way going on. To enter for some great Blog Candy, you need to go to the Challenge Blog and participate in the Blog Hop put on by the DT(some of them are also giving away candy, so you really don't want to miss out). Leave a comment on all the Blogs, and then enter a creation using a Phindy's Place image, and you're good to go. This is just my first entry. I have time, and materials, so I plan on maxing out with entries.:)

When I first saw this image from the Phindy's Place Store called Springy Lamb, I fell in love. I had to have it, and after finally having life slow down a little, I went shopping for it and several other new images that Phindy has added. I actually took the lamb off the background so that I could just have the flowers. Then I printed the lamb by itself and cut it out. I've colored both with Copics. The papers are from my scrap box(I'm determined to make a dent in the pile).



Now the fun part of this was that since it was a Springy  lamb, I  made a Sproing to mount it to, so that when you push it, it springs back into place.

The Sketch is this week's Sketch Challenge at Operation Write Home. Check it out.

This one called for a special sentiment, so I spent a part of my morning creating this sentiment in Photoshop. I found some clip art of springs to use to mount the letters of SPRING upon. Please feel free to grab it, by right clicking on it and saving it.

You've still got plenty of time to get an entry or two into the challenge, but if you don't, you just improved my odds of winning.

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, what a clever idea with the lamb.... Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and very clever. I love how your have created a springy lamb and the word art is so much fun and perfect for your creation. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place 100th Challenge.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Shirley! I love that the lamb is sproinging up! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love your saying and I did copy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is darling! I love lamb/sheep stamps, and the springs are just too, too clever. Great job with your photoshopping. Now you've got me thinking I'm going to have to try it for more than just photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! The spring on the lamb reminds me of cards we used to receive as kids. Very creative! And thank you for posting the digi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the sentiment digi is truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card...never heard of sproinging. lol TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fantastic! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a clever card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get out of the city! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cool Shirley. The springy lamb is a clever idea! Beautifully done as usual. Thanks so much for joining the 100th challenge at Phindy's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shirley ewe have made a great card and love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us for the 100th challenge, and for being such a great supporter of the challenges; good luck in the candy draw.
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless you, honey! What would Phindy's Place do without you!
    Fabulous card and darling sentiment. You are a real whiz with sentiments!
    I am so very glad you joined us for this week's challenge and blog hop! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shirley love it and that you made the sproing for it .Thanks for the word art i love the springs in it bless you x

    ReplyDelete