Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stressing Over Distressing

I don't know what it is about the word distressing that stress me, but it does. Perhaps, because, I'm feeling myself distressing as the years are passing, and the body won't do what it used to do. I do know that some of the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen created were distressed. So what does all this talk of aging have to do with card making? This week's challenge on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog is to use distressing on your creation. So here's my first and hopefully not my last card for the challenge.

This beautiful is called Flower Top Fairy. She's just one of several fairies that can be found in the Phindy Place Store. I've colored her with Copics.

The background paper was some I printed, and because I printed it I was able to sand it to let the background color show through. The other designer papers are from my scrap box, and I cut everything out with my deckled blade to give it that worn and torn look and then inked the edges to give them an aged look.. 

I cut the the pansies on my Black Cat from a free file from Penny Duncan. She even has a wonderful tutorial on how to actually make the flowers. The file and the video can be found HERE. These are the most realistic pansies, and I can't wait to make more of them. They're just something about a pansy that makes me happy.

The sentiment is one from Paulette at Create with TLC, and it was perfect for the image. Finally I cut the center out of a Memory Box die called Valerian Flouish and scuffed with some ink.

Now I guess I better go unload the dishwasher, as it's not going to do it by itself. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card, Shirley! The pansies are just amazing and the whole card has a charming Victorian feel. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pansies too Shirley, this is gorgeous and your distressing is fab
    Thank you for joining us for this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and soft Shirley. Love the wing behind her and the flower embellies. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Shirley. Heavens, no need to stress over distressing-you do a fabulous job!
    So glad you joined us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley this is just beautiful! Those flowers are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley you ahve done a good job on this card its really sweet ,im loving your cards at the mo they are lovely and inspirational x

    ReplyDelete