Thursday, March 15, 2012

Monochromatic Green

Up front just let me say that there are way too many shades of green, and they don't all look good together. The challenge this week at the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog was to create a project using monochromatic green. I am sure it was in honor of St. Patty's day, but by the time I got this finished, it was too late to be thinking of sending it as a St. Patrick's day card. I had a really hard time finding greens that I thought didn't just fight each other, but here's my creation.

The image part was of course the easy part, as I could see this little Miss called Patience colored in greens. She's one of Phindy's Summer Cuties collections and one of my favorites. I've seen this pose so many times with children.

The papers are some I found in my cabinet, so can't tell you where they came from. The sentiment is one of Pauline's at Create with TLC. The Sketch is this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so excited that I have finally made a card. This is the first one in a week, as I've been Spring Cleaning. Still have more to do, along with getting the tax stuff together, but sometimes a girl just has to have a break from the mundane.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shirley! I love how you put this together! I'm so glad to see your card in the challenge again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Shirley. I hear you, a lot of the greens don't work together. But you've found several that blend beautifully. Love the layout and the ribbon through the die cut, looks great. Very pretty! Thanks for joining the monochromatic challenge at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the greens you used and the great layout. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete