Monday, January 9, 2012

New Beginnings at Sassy Cheryl's

Sassy Ann has set the challenge over on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog this week for New Beginnings. The DT did a fabulous job with their creations, so it was a challenge for me to come not to copy something they had done. It's a great challenge after all since this is the beginning of a brand new year. Sometimes I think the older we get the harder it is to see the NEW in things. All it takes is to watch the world through the eyes of a child. Seeing their eyes light up at something as simple as a butterfly in flight or a bubble drifting in the breeze, makes even the most hardened of individuals take a new perspective on the joy in the simple fact that we're alive and one of God's Glorious Creations.

With that in mind, I chose this sweet image called Nature Lover from the Sassy Cheryls Digi Store. I know that my grandson MonkeyMoo thinks it's pretty cool to investigate nature, and with a magnifying glass you get a whole different view of the world. She's colored with Copics. I can tell it's been awhile since I colored, as I struggled with the coloring of this one.

The papers are from my scrap box. I really am trying to get rid of some of the scraps. The sentiment was whipped up in Photoshop, but could just have easily been done in Word. I'm posting it at the bottom in case any one would like to grab it. Just right click on it and save it.

Thanks for stopping by. I better hurry if I want to beat the deadline for entries.

6 comments:

  1. Yes... to see the world through the eyes of a child is pure amazement! I have to agree.

    Your card is darling and perfect for our challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Thanks for joining us and please stop back for our new challenge tomorrow! Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shirley. . . .just LOVE the sentiment. And oh, so true!!! This is stunning and you know, you're right. All we need to do it look around to see the newness through a child's eyes. Learned that this weekend.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, I love that you thought of this and wrote out this great sentiment! The image is just perfect for this, too! You are one clever lady!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sweet card and equally sweet sentiment Shirley.. your coloring is just great, you didn't get rusty at all over the holidays gf!
    Really happy that you got your challenge card made.. I love seein you here every week!
    thanks for getting sassy with us this week!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My you are deep today. But I have to agree with you. This is a beautiful sentiment Shirley. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Shirley. You have it so spot on honey!!
    Beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete