Sunday, December 11, 2011

Show Me Thursday #54

You have to love an artist that is  willing to offer up a free image without having to create a project of any kind. All you have to do is post what you're doing in your life this week. That's exactly the awesomeness of Sassy Cheryl over on her Sassy Cheryl Blog. A chance for a free image just for letting us nosey around in your space.

This week definitely isn't going to be showing my workspace. My younger daughter, her husband and MM arrived yesterday after a 2 1/2 day road trip from Phoenix. They were here when I got home from my WW meeting and MM needed to get outside and burn off some cooped up energy. We started with a hike back to the new WOT-wildlife observation tower(or deer stand) that DH built and erected back behind the pool behind our house. This is a picture of MM and Grandpa on the walk back. What is it about little boys and sticks?

From the WOT we walked through the woods to our neighbor's to check out the WOT that he built for his grandchildren who visited over Thanksgiving. They have two pups and this picture is of MM petting them. This is huge, since my BIL's dogs totally traumatized him about 2 years ago. This was huge.

For at least the last 15 years, a family down the road from us has been caroling us each year at Christmas. It has become the highlight of Christmas to me. Besides the parents, there are 7 children. The oldest is grown and in pilot training with the Air National Guard. That didn't stop him from being here to participate. Last year there a couple that were sick, but this year all 9 were outside our front door to sing "Angels We Have Heard On High" and "Joy to the World". As if that isn't enough, they always give us a plate of cookies. I should have videoed, but I did take a picture.

So snap a shot of what's happening in your life this week and post it HERE. Hey, I won last week, so that means you could win this week, plus I highly recommend that you pop around to each entry's blog. It's always inspiring.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that people still go caroling. I haven't had carolers or gone caroling since I was a child! How sad is that. Someone should start that trend all over again! Whatcha think? Love your woodsy back yard. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shirley, this post has made mine and mo's day!!
    Mo loved waving at MM and says "MM is very brave with the doggies"
    I absolutely think the carollers rock, I would so love something like that to happen at our house. I love christmas.
    Huge hugs my dear friend
    Lou xxxxx and Mo xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos Shirley. . . .and it's not just little boys that like sticks. I always find one for walking when we go in the woods too.
    MM is so adorable. You're really going to have your hands full over the next couple of weeks. Baking extra biscuits? LOL!?!?!?
    Thanks for sharing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet MM is going to want to sit in that "WOT" one of these days with his grandpa! What great memories that will make for them. I do miss the Southern hospitality! What a lovely tradition that your neighbor family has maintained.

    Thanks for sharing this week, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete