Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time for a Cozy Cuppa at Phindy's Place

I love making cards with Phindy's Place images, and this image surely conjures up images of cool fall days and snuggling in with a cup of something hot to drink. Although I'm not a hot tea drinker(my tea is supposed to be iced, and my coffee is supposed to be hot), I love sharing a cup of whatever the beverage of choice is with a friend. It reminds me of my childhood, when my across the street neighbor would come over every morning to share a cup of coffee with my Mama and eat the leftover toast spread with mustard(still can't quite wrap my mind around the idea that this might be tasty). In our hustle bustle world today, it's a rarity to share a cuppa with a friend, but just this week, I got that opportunity. Perhaps that's what triggered the idea behind my card.

This is my second card for the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog's Autumn/Fall challenge, and this is one of Phindy's new Two Seven Oh images. Be sure to check them all out at the Phindy's Place Store. This one is called Take Five(make that more like take an hour and enjoy a visit with a friend). I've colored my image with Copics.

These Digital papers are a freebie kit  called Tuscan Summer created by Debbie Knorr for Computer Scrapbook.Com. They were such warm and perfect fall colors. I created the sentiments in Photoshop and printed the Cozy Cuppa on vellum. I decided to fold it to make a tea bag, and it needed the translucence of the vellum to work. I added the fall colored rhinestones to perk it up a bit. I think it all works.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley, love those corners you used and the little teabag with the sentiment and perfect autumn shades too! Thanks for another entry to celebrate Autumn at Phindy's Place this week, hope you'll join us again.
    Don't forget, this Friday it is Anything Goes as long as you use a Phindy image:)
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. Love the vellum teabag, looks so realistic. Love the sentiments you've created, they go perfectly with the image. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley how cute love the idea too ,you could send that to a friend with a few dates inside
    that you woul;d be free .Great work and thanks for the word art, im going to snaffle right now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sentiment Shirley, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, You are so creative. That teabag was a genius idea. I love it. Cuppa's with friends just make the world seem right, don't they.

    ReplyDelete