Friday, October 28, 2011

Pink with an Inspiration

Now knowing how I love the color Pink, it does not make me happy to know that I've been so busy this past month with getting ready for my Fall Camp Taz and a visit from our daughter and MonkeyMoo, that I have not participated in the first 3 Pink Challenges on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. I can positively report that the girls have had their annual squeezing though and that's a really good thing.  This week's challenge had as an added addition to the Pink an inspirational picture provided by the Sassy Miss Dawn. This is the picture that she posted.

I loved the shapes of the plates as well as the colors, so I decided to use the plates and the colors for my inspiration. First off, my task was to duplicate the shape of the smaller plates. Using a die cut shape from Penny Duncan Creations and doing some overlaying and cutting to create the small plate shape. The papers were all out of my scrap box and that's a REALLY good thing.

I had printed out 5 images to choose from for my card, but none of them was right for the plate shape. If you're focusing on plates, then you have to do food. It's a given.  I used this image called Birthday Cake Desire(and don't we all desire a good piece of cake). I've colored it with lots of Copics(see my SMT post if you don't beleive me). Sassy Cheryl has been on a roll of creating new images so be sure to come and check them out to the Sassy Cheryls Digi Store. She also has a store for colored images called Sassy Cheryls Illustrations for those times when you don't have time to color or you need to produce multiple cards.

The sentiment is a rubber stamp from Stampabilities stamped on more scrap paper, glued to a toothpick and stuck under the image.

I think I met the challenge and am more than happy with the results.

8 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS Shirley! I'm so excited that you were able to play in the challenge this week. I know you've been busy, but I missed you, your fun posts and stunning cards. You outdid yourself on this one. It's gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    Oh, and BTW. . . .love the way you put the 'annual squeezing'. FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Shirley! this is cute cute cute! love how you created the shape of the plates!
    Just one question... how did you get this hungry little bear to not dig into the cake before you took the picture... tee hee... great coloring and stunning, fun card!
    I love everything my friend!
    Thanks for getting sassy with us this wek!
    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shirley! Love that die cut shape...how perfect is that??? Glad you got "squeezed". ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! Great design using the inspiration photo, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley I love this card!! The shapes are truly inspired honey - just briliant!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley, wonderful to have you back again this week. Love your circles and "tea" party image you colored so beautifully. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hey Shirley another fabby creation .Love the colours and the composition well done .ps i love the glitz, well i always love anything shiny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mighty cute, my friend! Glad you could join us. Thank you for joining us this week for Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    Guess what I got today?! BIG purchase, tough decision...

    ReplyDelete