Monday, August 22, 2011

Give Me An Inch and I'll Take An Inch and a Half

This week the Tiddly Inks Challenge DT tried to stump me with an Inchie Challenge. I had never heard of Inchies, so I did a Google on it and found that they are (and I quote) "the thumbnails of paper crafting". In fact there is a company called Inchie Arts that is dedicated to Inchie crafting.  Basically you create a card using 1" squares, but they can also be just small squares. Since coloring with Copics on very small areas seems to be virtually impossible for me, I upped my size to 1 1/2".

I used this beautiful butterfly image from Tiddly Inks for my card, and then colored them with my Copics. I obviously reversed the color scheme on one just so they wouldn't all look alike(or too different from each other from my coloring skills). The purple paper is some I printed and that was in my scrap box. The orange DP is from a kit of Paper that I bought at Sam's more years ago than I care to remember. The sentiment was on a Rubber stamp I had, that was so small that you wouldn't have been able to read it, so once again Photoshop comes to the rescue(you can find it at the bottom of the post). I printed it directly on the DP(I'm beginning to really like doing this, as it doesn't add a layer that distracts from the image.

I have another card I made yesterday with a Tiddly Inks image called Orchid.  This card is for a note to parents whose 16 year old was in a diving accident a little over a week ago and is now paralyzed. I wanted to send them something that invoked beauty, simplicity and a feeling of serenity, as I'm sure they're feeling like they're on the worst ride of their life right now. I put the message on the inside of the card.  The song "His Eye is on the Sparrow" is one of the most uplifting songs to me, as it is a constant reminder that God is watching over all of us even the sparrow, and that He has a plan for us(whether we understand what's going on or not).

If you are a praying person, would you take a minute and say a prayer for Cole and his family. They have a long road ahead, but life is not over for any of them. I actually have a friend whose oldest son was paralyzed at 18 from the shoulders down from a diving accident. Clay is now in his mid 40's, is a CPA, married to a wonderful woman and the father(yes they are his) of 3 boys( one set of twin boys and then another boy).

Here are both Word Arts if you'd like them.

9 comments:

  1. hiyah shirley!!!

    your tiddly makes are absolutely beautiful so i refuse to think we stumped you on this one!!! :) :) the butterfly one is so pretty and the vase looks fabulous and your word arts are fantastic, thank you for sharing them.
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week too, huge hugs Lou xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful post, Shirley! I LOVE that song. Two of my other favorites are, The Old Rugged Cross (my grandmother's favorite) & It is Well with My Soul. I LOVE the meaning behind that song.
    I also LOVE the story of Clay. It's so uplifting.
    You are a TREASURE, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shirley, that is beautiful. I also have a friend whose daughter was paralyzed while in High School from the chest down. She is the mother of two children that she conceived and gave birth to. Miracles can happen if you believe and are strong willed enough to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley these are truly wonderful honey. And you have answered the question for me too. Smiles. I have never heard of inchies either and now I know! Hehe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley your inchie ard is really pretty! I love how you coloured the images and the sentiment is so lovely!

    The card you made for Cole's parents is so pretty! I love this orchid image and it is so pretty together with the embossing.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Shirley! Love your butterfly "inchie" and beautifully colored orchids. Like your new blog back ground too. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, these are both ust beautiful! Love the colors you've used for the butterflies, and the card you've made for Cole's parents is so inspirational. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your inchie card and the card for Cole's parents are just beautiful!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything you do my friend and thank you for the word art i really love His eye is on the sparrow to me it means he sees even the smallest thing in our lives and He is interested wow x

    ReplyDelete