Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Black and White

Over on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, we were asked to create a card using only black and white(with the exception of the image). How much fun is that.
I opted to create a Bridal Shower card using this adorable image from Phindy's Place called Babbie Bride, and can be found HERE. I love this sweet babbie, because she reminds me so much of all the little girls I've known, who have to play bride. She's colored with Copics, and as you can see, she's colorful. She confiscated her Mama's white tablecloth, but could only find a gingham napkin and of course she had on her favorite pink and green shorts. She also got into her Mama's closet and took her gold shoes.

I wish I could tell you where I found the black and white paper, but I downloaded for free months ago and didn't save it with the source. I created the sentiment in Photoshop and feel free to grab it if you want it. Just click on it and then right click and save it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley. Fab card. Shame you can't remember where you got the paper from as it is perfect on your card here. Pretty embellishments too. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and exactly how little ones play bride. Miss Emily usually can't be bother with the gingham napkin so towels make do. Love the pearl hearts and the fabulous corners. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, this image is perfect on the elegant black and white background. Love the gold shoes, perfect little touch. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    By the way, I finished the Nora Roberts wedding series of books, very good recommendation from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Shirley! Love the design and pearly hearts. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley i love this its super cute and i love your design x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shirley...this is absolutely wonderful. Just loooove that sweet image. And you have used some very beautiful papers. Love the design too. So nice that you managed to join us at Phindy`s Place this week. Have a nice day. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, this is absolutely marvelous! I didn't think I needed this image until I saw your card! Thank you so very much for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge.

    ReplyDelete