Monday, April 4, 2011

Sassy and Sketchy

It's a sassy sketch challenge over on the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog this week. Here's a picture of the sketch that Tracy came up with for us to use this week in making our challenge project. This little cutie is called Sweet Indulgence and you can find her at the Sassy Cheryls Store HERE. I love a person that loves her ice cream, since it's a favorite of mine. She's, of course, colored with Copics.


The papers are a from a lot of different places. The plaid background paper is from the Paper Studios So-So Sweet Glitter Paper Stack. All the other papers are from my scrap box. I created the Word Art in Photoshop, and I alternated the color of the letters to match the colors of two of my favorite flavors of ice cream, strawberry and chocolate.

While I'm blogging, I decided I'd also do my SMT challenge, since I didn't seem to get last week's posted. When I finished with the card above, I cleaned up my work space(putting all the Copics in their space) and filing all my scrap paper. The photo book that you see on my table is where I file pictures of card sketches. It helps me when I'm trying to come up with a game plan for a card.Don't forget all you have to do is post a picture of your workspace over on the Sassy Cheryl's blog and you're in the hunt to win a free image. Hey you don't even have to clean up your space. In fact, some of us like it better if you don't(makes us feel better).


Okay, off to get this uploaded to the challenge sites and then on to finishing fixing dinner(the hot meal of the day).

7 comments:

  1. See, there ya go showing those Copics again. Poor, poor, Linda!
    I'm LOVIN' this card Shirley, and what a great idea to use the cones for the embellishments.
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week and for teasing us with your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total Sweetness Miss Shirley! what an awesome card this week! Ok~~~~~~~~~ now I want some ice cream, any flavor will do...
    see why I don't watch any cooking shows.... they make me hungry.. :):)
    your colors are great for this little sassy sweetie!
    Thanks for Playing along with us this week!
    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb coloring on your card Shirley. I love Pralines and Cream Ice Cream. Not as pretty to color as chocolate and strawberry but oh so tasty.

    Why did you clean up and file your scraps. You need to loosen up GF and show us your MESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Shirley. Love the ice cream cone embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card sweety! Great paper. Superb colouring. Fantastic embellishments. Love all of it!
    AND STOP SHOWING OFF THOSE COPICS!!! Lol - great work space honey! Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Shirley and that copic display has me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, my friend, but then... And your work space...wowzers! While I love mine, I LOVE yours!!!

    ReplyDelete