Monday, April 25, 2011

Paper Piecing Take Two

This has been the craftiest weekend I've had in a very long time. It's like I'm trying to get it all done, so I don't miss out on any of the fun. As it is, I'm off today to help rebuild a friend's company books in his new computer. His old one got struck by lightning last week, and he hadn't backed up his files in a very long time. That's two lessons in one. Have a VERY GOOD surge protector and some type of backup preferably off line. I'm looking into that one, although I do have an extra external drive.
So back to the Paper Piecing. When the DT at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog named this as the challenge, I got busy looking for papers. Both the "Just Hanging Around" image I used yesterday and the "Hopscotch" image I'm using today are two that I have been wanting to use in cards, so image wasn't a problem. You really need to check out all the images that Phindy has in her STORE. She does children that so remind me of growing up and babbies that remind me of both my grandchildren and all my nieces and nephews as babies, I simply can't resist them.

The papers that I used for this card are from a fabulous digital kit called Denim and Daisies and are from Just So Scrappy 2. It was a bargain, too and has some great papers in it. The word art is again something I created in Photoshop just for this card. I'm posting it below. Again, you're welcome to use it. If you can't click on it, and get the enlarged version, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.


Don't forget to check out the Blog Hop that's going on on the Challenge Blog to celebrate the Blog's 1 Year Anniversary. There's an extra $10 coupon up for grabs along with the usual random and Pick of the Week winners. The DT has created some awesome projects, and I promise you're in for a treat.

Thanks for stopping by. I have to head out the door and meet my walking buddy. I need some exercise after this past weekend of crafting and eating. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful paper piecing here, Shirley! Really lovely card. Thanks again for playing at Phindy's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, you did another wonderful job with the pp. I love how fresh and lively this card is - terrific coloring of the image.
    Thank you for playing along again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Shirley!! Love her overalls, perfect piecing. What you did for Linda was so super sweet!!! She is still beaming. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley. Glad you found the time to play along with us again during our paper piecing challenge. Another gem of a card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your paper piecing and thanks for this sentiment too! Yes I am still beaming. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper piecing Shirley with the perfect papers for a little girl. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful card Shirley. I love the bright springy colors you've used here. Your sentiments that you are creating are super cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shirley you made another phabulous paper pieced card, this is lovely! So glad you're getting to craft ths week:). Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! You know I love it! Oh, and I snagged the great sentiment, too. Reminds me so of my childhood---you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shirley! I love your adorable card! THE colours are so fresh and the image is really adorable.
    Hugs,
    Larissa

    Ps thank you for your lovely comment that you left me for my bloghop post. ;)

    ReplyDelete