Monday, March 28, 2011

Something New

Yep, the challenge this week set by Tracy/Tracey on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge blog is to use something new. Now for some of you, that might be difficult, but for others of us, who are in serious need of an intervention(notice I'm not naming names), that's not so difficult. This week however, I'm going to shock you all.

This image from the Sassy Cheryl's store is called Nature Nap Girl. It's my NEW for the week. I actually went to Tuscaloosa last week and hit both Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I bought a lot of sale stuff, but nothing that I used for this card. The difficulty came in picking THE new image I wanted to use. Cheryl has been in overdrive creative mode in the past few weeks and is adding images faster than my poor checkbook can handle purchasing them. Be sure to go check out all the wonderful images she's added at her http://computerscrapbook.comStore. The papers for this card are from a free digital kit called "Mother May I" by Correen Silke from the ComputerScrapbook Dot Com site. I've really gotten into digital papers in a big way and now that I have them somewhat organized(whole lot better than my real paper) on the computer, I'm much more successful at finding what I need. The wonderful thing with these is that the kits have coordinating paper and I don't have to search for something that matches.

I used my Martha Stewart hydrangea punches to make my flowers and added flower soft for the centers. The sentiment is one that was in a cluster of packs of metal sentiments that I purchased from Tuesday Morning, long ago. I decided it was the perfect sentiment. Doesn't it look like she just ran out of steam and had to sit down and take a time out. Just to let you know, Sassy Cheryl has some more challenges going on over on her Sassy Cheryl Blog. On Tuesday she has a Color Me Challenge, on Thursdays there's a Show Me Challenge(this one is the one where you'll seriously get to know your fellow crafters), and on Friday there's the Guessing Game Challenge. The latter two don't even require that you make a card, and you've got a shot at a free image if you win. Check them out at Sassy Cheryl's Blog.

7 comments:

  1. Poor, poor checkbook. :)
    Loving this card Shirley! It's super cute and I'm loving the flowers.
    You know, I should hire you for PR. :)
    Thanks for playing in both of the challenges this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley I know I've told you already but I do seriously adore this card. I love that you've put your flowers at the top. I love colouring it's perfect.
    The whole thing has been done to perfection. Wow!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this image and putting those magnolias on top looks so cute! I also know I am not one of those you didn't mention by name because you know I don't have enough Copics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley, you already know how awesome I think this darling card is! love it!
    thanks for playing along this week!
    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, yet another adorable card! I've missed you lately-dealing with some tough stuff here but feeling like we might be coming out the other side---phew.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Shirley! Love those flowers and your coloring is beautiful. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, love those flowers you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week.
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete