Monday, March 21, 2011

Gone Fishing

The true indicator of spring around my parts is seeing folks fishing on the edges of ponds and along creek banks. My mother was an avid fisherwoman, while I on the other hand haven't got the patience for it(I'm sure all having a hard time buying into that NOT!!!!), and she couldn't wait each year for it to get warm enough to go drop a line.




This week the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog theme is "Inspired by Nature". What is more about nature than fishing? This is an image Cheryl drew as one of the contributing artists to the Help For Katie fund. You can read about Katie HERE and purchase this image with several others. Of course you really need to check out the Sassy Cheryl Store for all the wonderful images she has. She's into Easter big time right now.

I've colored this little fisherman with Copics. The papers are from a free digital kit called Seaswept by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.Com. I love the ocean scene. A friend gave me the snake brads(there's a story there for another day), but I decided this one looked enough like a worm to work with this card. I created the sentiment in Word.

Two cards and two blogs posts in one day. I am having a good day. Now I'm off to do my coloring homework and then fix dinner(as say in the South). Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Now see. . . .that's my kind of woman! I LOVED going fishing as a kid and if we had somewhere around here to go, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

    Loving this card Shirley! So beautifully colored and I LOVE that little worm embellishment!!! Super, super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loven those soft blues DP. Perfect for a nature card. Your coloring if the digi is awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thot it was a worm lol... very cute card.. the blues and greens are great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene and beautifully colored Shirley! I thought it was a worm also. I "fixed" breakfast for dinner tonight. Lol ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, Shirley---can you teach me how to do that beautiful sky?!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you GF, no time for sitting on my butt waiting for something to bite , getting bit by mosquitos... Love your card, the colors and embellishments are perfect. Gotta love a worm brad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I've no patience or inclination for fishing either hun!
    What a fabby card though. And thank you so very much for that link! I love the papers you have used, and what perfect colouring too!
    Great card!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, we used to go fishing a lot when we were kids! =)
    I have something for you on my blog!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete