Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Monochrome and not so Monochrome

Seems there's a lot of monochrome going around this week. It's the challenge over at the Phindy's Place Blog. I think everyone heard I think that it's difficult and decided to challenge me. Well, I'm up for the dare.

This is the first image for the challenge, and this is one of the Wee Babbies. She's called "Hush A Bye". Phindy has created some wonderful new images in this Wee Babbies categories, and they are so reminiscent of all the babies I've known. Please go check them out along with all the quality images that she's created at her Store, I can assure you once you start using these images, you'll be hooked. They're just so real, plus they're actually fun to color. This one totally reminds me of my cousin's little girl who was so into baby dolls. She didn't go anywhere without hers. I'm thinking this image could be used for a baby shower with the sentiment, but I can also see it as a card for a little girl.

Image: Phindy's Place - Wee Babbies Hush A Bye

Sentiment: my own createdin Photoshop

Papers: {Computer}Scrapbook.Com - Cool Spring Day Kit by Correen Silke(Freebie)

Embellishments: sheer ribbon from Walmart and pearls from Hobby Lobby.

Before I start a card, I always print off two pictures of the image. My coloring with Copics is less than fantastic, so I want a backup. Since the first card went off without a hitch, I decided that I would make a second card to use the second image, and both could go into my OWH box for this month. This time however, I decided to go with all the color I wanted. The only thing different is the papers.

Papers: Summertime Designs Sweet Cakes Kit

7 comments:

  1. Both of these are darling Shirley. It sure doesn't look like you struggled with the monochromatic one, you did a fantastic job! You gave it so much texture with the lace border, organdy ribbon, and pearls. Stunning. Love the second one, so bright and fun. Your senti is perfect with this image, too. Thanks for playing along at Phindy's Place again this week. Your creations are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley I LOVE both of these, think the mono baby is my favourite because I love yellow, it's such a happy, cheerful colour! Great sentiment and lovely cards.

    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so adorable, Shirley! Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, how cute are those little babies, I love the 3 different cards you created. Wonderful coloring and layouts. I think we need a retreat at the TM LOL. If you ever get up to Omaha I am free for coloring lessons :) Great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, Shirley, just too, two cute (pun intended-couldn't resist). Wonderful to see a Phindy image for this challenge-double the fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are wonderful, Shirley. The yellow one just glows and she looks like a little ray of sunshine. Love all your little touches on this card. The second card is completely charming, you used the perfect sweet little dp patterns and your coloring is so cute.
    Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Phindys' Place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you busy busy girl.... these are DARLING!!!!
    Thanks for being such a faithful participant with us at Phindy's Place. You're creations are fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete