Saturday, January 15, 2011

No More Snow!

I've always said the only place I want to see snow is in Colorado during our ski vacation, and then I don't want it to snow while I'm skiing, just at night. Let's face it I'm a fair weather girl. Having said that the challenge over on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge blog this week is Snow. Well living in Mississippi we rarely see snow and when it does snow, it's very short lived. How ironic that this challenge came right after two days of snow followed by days of temps that didn't get above freezing. In fact, we still have snow in the woods surrounding the house. I know I've never seen snow last a week in Mississippi. I promised myself I wouldn't complain about cold weather after the summer we had, but girls, I've got to tell you, I'm hanging on to that promise by a thread.

At any rate, since the challenge was snow, and I've had enough of it, I decided to take a bit of a snarky approach to the challenge. I've loved this image since I first bought it. She's the Sassy Cheryl Winter stamp. Knowing that Sassy Cheryl is feeling the same way I am about snow, I have her being pommelled by snow and cheering "No More Snow!" She's colored with Copics.

The paper is Snowy Background from Stamping All Day. I sprayed it with my Tattered Angels glimmer mist to give it some sparkle. I used my Cuttlebug and my Spellbinders snowflake dies to cut the snowflakes. I sprayed them with Quilters Baste and sprinkled on super fine glitter. Since I make cards for OWH and glitter is a no-no, it was fun to let glow with the glitz.

I'm glad you stopped by and I love hearing from you.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shirley . . .as always. I sure hope this challenge 'snow' challenge doesn't produce any. :0 Maybe you're wise sentiment will keep it at bay!
    Thanks for playing in the challenge Mz. Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totaly agree with you Shirley. Perfect sentiment for this happy little sassy girl..
    love your card today! Wonderful coloring and design as always gf!
    Thanks for joining us again for the Sassy Challenge!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, this is awesome. Love the sentiment. Great image (same one I chose LOL ) and your colors and details are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's always love to have ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "No More Snow" card Shirley. I'm gonna chant along with you. I am soooooo ready for spring. Love all the different snowflakes you used. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Shirley... Let's boycott snow!

    Love your card... so perfect for the Sassy Cheryl challenge this week. Thanks for hanging out with us. Peggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - NO MORE SNOW. We didn't even get any that stuck where I live. We watched it snow all day and none on the ground. Just cold and ice! YUK. Don't want summer, but would really enjoy a nice long spring. Ha Ha

    Card is precious. I love this image. I still haven't bought it yet!

    ReplyDelete