Friday, November 12, 2010

Could We Have a Little Tulle or Ribbon Please?

Talk about challenges, try creating a challenge card that calls for tulle or ribbon when you're miles and miles away from your stash. I brought a few supplies with me, but no ribbon and for sure no tulle. The Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog challenge this week was to use one or the other. Oh well, I was in Phoenix, the land of many Michaels, so seemed like a good excuse to increase my supplies.

The image I chose to use is Do The Jig, and it's just one of many great Santas at Sassy Cheryls Store. I actually colored this with watercolors(I just couldn't get my copics in the suitcase), and I'm definitely on a learning curve with them.
The digital papers is called Holly on the Green, and it's from Paper Pizazz. I used a sheer ribbon and twisted it as I looped it through the Linked Trim, double edged punch from Martha Stewart(one of my Michaels' purchases of the week). I added the Christmas lights that are actually trim for a miniature Christmas tree.
Oh and Sassy Cheryl has started a new challenge on the Sassy Cheryl Blog, where you might be the coloring inspiration for her colored images. Check out all the details on her Blog.

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Shirley! Love that strand of lights and how you twisted your ribbon through that punch. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little strand of lights is just perfect for your card Shirley! I just love the way you braided/woven ribbon. Thanks for playing Shirley. I know you had a lot on your agenda this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lights are adorable.. Great idea. Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sassy Cheryl's challenge! Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as can be Shirley! love the added string of lights and how you laced the ribbon through the die! What a fun card!
    thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley-just darling! Love the strand of Christmas lights. Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete