Monday, October 25, 2010

A Tribute to our Furry Friends

Sometimes they're real and some times they're stuffed, but whatever they are, we form attachments to them that will last a lifetime. This week the Sassy Cheryl's DT challenged us to create a project dedicated to our furry friends.

The image I've chosen is called Beach Swing. How many times have you seen a child treat their furry stuffed animal as if it were real? Why my grandson MonkeyMoo has a stuffed monkey that he says is his brudder, John. I think that's why this image appeals to me so much. Of course, I also love the expression on the bear's face. The image is colored with Copics and with lots of fun colors. Nothing has to match when you're going to the beach. The sketch I used is a take off on the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge # 40.

Papers are from a The Paper Studio paper pack called So-So Sweet and have just enough sparkle to them to make them fun. I used a MS punch to cut out my ribbon strip and decided to weave ribbon rather than run it straight. The sentiment is from a Fiskars Pack and is a Heidi Grace design. I think it says it all.

Can't believe gotten two cards done today, plus finished putting the teepee together. Of course TazMania is still a disaster and I've got a wasp or dirt dobber in here driving me crazy.

Thanks for popping by. Off to work on the bag for the teepee and then I can blog it.

5 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of the sketch challenge! Such a creative use of the idea, and ten the story you shared about the image is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You don't have to match! That's my motto for everything! That way you are always comfortable. I really love your card Shirley. It's super fun and cute! Thanks for being part of the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Shirley!!! Love the different punches and shapes you used. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, another terrific card! Love this image and love what you have done with it! hank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryls challenge this week. Be sure to check out tomorrow's challenge, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything about your card! what a fun sense of humor you have.

    ReplyDelete