Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fancy Folds Again

I knew that with my project of the week being to paint a teepee, if I had any chance to get a second card done for the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, it was going to have to be over the weekend. I got it made, but since painting has commenced on the teepee, I haven't had time to blog it. Decided that while I'm having to hang near the kitchen while my greens are cooking, this was my chance to post.

In case you haven't heard Phindy's Place PCP group hit 1000 members on Sunday, and a celebration is in the works. If you aren't a member, you really ought to check it out. There are some cute freebies, and I have to tell you that the group that hangs out there and chats, are about the nicest group of folks you'd ever want to know. The support offered by all is nothing short of amazing, and the topics range the full spectrum.

For this card I found the fancy fold tutorial at A Path of Paper. I'm not sure that it has a name, but the instructions were pretty easy to follow. The image is of course a Cutie, but this time from the Summer group and is called appropriately Summer Blossom. I love babies, so all I can say about the selection of cutes that Phindy has in her Store is that there can never be enough. Her overalls are paper pieced and everything else is colored with Copics. The papers for the entire card came out of my stash box., so no clue as to whose paper it is. The sentiment is from Ginger's House and seemed to be perfect for this image. We so often forget to see the miracles in life's everyday happening and take so much for granted.


Thought you'd like to see how the card opens up with even more folds. Thanks for stopping by.


9 comments:

  1. Love this card, Shirley! Your color choices are wonderful, your coloring is wonderful and the work you did making the card is fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I just love this one!!! these cuties are just toooo cute! will have to check out this tutorial on this fold - TFS ! so adorable...
    thanks so much for playing so faithfully with us here at Phindy's -i'm sure you'll enjoy the fab week of celebration challenges over on the PCP group (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Shirley! Love the lacey punches with this image. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this card!! WOW...you have done such an awesome job with this one. That frame and the DP are FABULOUS!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Phindy's Place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card with it's great folds and that awesome little cutie. The papers and the punching add special detail to it. Thanks for joining us again at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! This is stunning Shirley and those tepees are amazing too! Thanks for taking the folding challegne again and playing along at Phindy's Place
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card, my friend. She is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWEE Shirley... This is SPECTACULAR!!!! I LOVE THIS...
    What an awesome challenge this was this week huh?
    You're creations are so enspiring!
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card. You always have the most adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete