Sunday, September 5, 2010

End of Summer-Another Chapter Begins

My cousin's daughter left for her freshman year of college at Auburn University(colors are blue and orange. She's planning on majoring in English and plans on being a writer. She's already been published, so I think her chances of being a successful author are pretty good. However, I do think she's got a back up contingency plan and is already talking about law school. She's a brilliant young lady along with being a beautiful person inside and out. I think the hardest thing about going off to college for her was leaving her Cairn terrier, Charlie. So for Peggy this is not just the End of Summer, but also the beginning of a new Chapter in her life. Go WAR EAGLE!!!

This week on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog, we were given the task to make an End of Summer card. I think Christy must have seen a picture of Peggy and Charlie, because I have to tell you, this image called Girl's Best Friend, is the spitting image of Peggy and Charlie. Christy added a bunch of new images in the Tiddly Inks Store this past week, so be sure to check them out.

Details:
Image: Girl's Best Friend by Tiddly Inks colored with Copics Leaf Border and leaves - Images by Heather M cut using MTC with my Cricut
Papers - Shabby Fall from Shabby Princess

Thanks for stopping by and I love comments.

9 comments:

  1. Shirley - this is just too cute!! What a great image - for some reason it reminds me of Christy! LOL - so beautiful!! you did an amazing job here with colors!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, shirley this is the sweetest card. what a great story - i love that your cousin has her continency plan - pretty impressive one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Shirley. :) Love the doggie's fur. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image....I must get it!! So sweet!!!
    xx-Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Shirley! Your niece will love it! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Shirley.
    Thanks for joining in my 'New Beginnings' challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    TTFN
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. And congratulations and best wishes on your cousin's daughter as she starts college.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying for the umteenth time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, so sweet! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete