Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fit For a Princess

Don't we all think at some time or another we're princesses(except those time when we KNOW we're the Queen). The Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog gave us two weeks to create a project with the theme "Fit for a Princess".


I found this great sketch over on the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog to use for my Princess Card. Christy has lots of great Princess images over at the Tiddly Inks Store(check it out and see all the great images she has). This image is called Key to My Heart. Isn't she gorgeous? I colored her with Copics, and I love the way her hair turned out. Thank you Lysa, for the wonderful tutorial. The papers are Best Occasions and were purchased in a pack at Tuesday Morning for a fantastic price.I love punches and between the clearance on Martha Stewart around the page punches at Michaels, and the clearance aisle at Walmart, I have acquired some great punches. I used the rain drop Around the Age punches on the purple polka dot paper and the Martha Stewart crown punch for the crown. I punched the crown out of a glittered butterfly from a scrap of paper and then added the rhinestones. I added the heart embellie, some sheer ribbon, and cut out a key shape with my Cricut and hand printed the sentiment.

I had so much fun making this card even while trying to keep my grandson entertained.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there!! I love how you colored the hair and the eyelashes are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is just so fabulous shirley, love the heart embellie too and her crown is cute!!! hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I just bought a tote bag this weekend at Barnes and Noble that says "Not your every day Princess". We must have been sharing the same wave length. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Shirley! Love the cute flower paper! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete