Saturday, August 14, 2010

Color Combination II


You don't give me a challenge using my favorite colors and not expect multiples, so look out Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog. It turns out that the day before Sharon's birthday is Mary Evalyn's, and I really did need a second birthday card. Now to appreciate me using this image, appropriately called Dressed Up, you have to know that Mary Evalyn's parent's owned a clothing store in my hometown called Antoon's. Mary Evalyn was always stylishly dressed and for that matter still is. If you saw her you'd know that the sentiment is so true about her, she truly does look great, and 60 REALLY does look good on her.
I colored the image with my Copics. You can't see from the picture, but I colored her boa with my white glaze pen to make it shine. The zebra print paper was a free printable paper from ScrapbookScrapbook.com. I had the cardstock on hand and I used the MS Teardrop Around the edge punch to punch 3 sides. I also embossed a piece of white cardstock with my Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder, and then inked with my Tuxedo black ink pad. I used the pearls to "class" up the card, since Mary Evalyn is a truly classy lady. The sentiment is my own and created in PSE. I finished the card off with some sheer black ribbon tied off with some hot pink grosgrain.
With the great color combination and this cutie with her "sassy" attitude, I'm really liking the way this card turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Love it when we can be 60 and stylish. Fun Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh, the attitude on this little missies face.. what a perfect image for these fun colors.. love it!
    thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she a sassy thing or what?!?!?! Love it Shirley! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full of Sass & Class! This is so stinkin' cute! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete