Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fun Time with my Sister

Yesterday was an incredible day. My younger sister(and we ain't young) is on vacation this week. I met her for shopping and lunch on Tuesday, and yesterday she drove down to play in TM with me. She brought a whole passel of colored images, and we spent part of the day putting them into cards.

My talents with Photoshop Elements isn't too great with editing pictures, but I have figured out how to do Word Art from a tutuorial that WAS on the internet. When DS went to watch it the second time, it was gone, so I shared my knowledge with her, so that she can make her own word art.

Today is the final day of the Phindy's Place 3D Challenge card. I've had a plan for several days, and had my image colored. I finally got to make the card last night. This is my first easel card.
Isn't this image something we are all familiar with? One cookie is never enough, you need at least one in each hand. Phindy catches childhood memories so well in her images. He's colored with Copics and papers are cardstock I had on hand and scraps out of my scrap box. The ribbon is from Walmart. I decided to cut him out and raise him up off my Spellbinders scalloped circle. When I saw this Word Art by Create with TLC, I knew that it was just the PERFECT sentiment for my card. Then I got to thinking about what to use for the stop on my easel card.




NO, the cookies aren't real. I'd have eaten them if they had been. When I go to Hobby lobby, I shop the WHOLE store. I couldn't find any cookie embellishments to use in the Scrapbooking department, but over in the aisle with wooden crafts I found these perfect little wooden hearts. I painted them with acrylic paints that I matched to the color of the cookies in the image. I then covered them with Alene's Paper Glaze and sprinkled the tee-tiniest glass beads on them for a sugar effect.


Then I remembered cookie eating by every child I've ever known that included sugar EVERYWHERE and "sprinkled" some sugar on the cookies in the image, a few on his face and of course down his overalls. He VERY much reminds me of MonkeyM00, my grandson.
Tomorrow is the grand tour of TM as it is today. Off to prepare for WW Thursday. Have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by and I love hearing from you.


10 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous. I love the little "cookies" and the sentiment is too perfect.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I know Jolee's has a chocolate chip cooky but it is no where near as good as the ones you made! Good idea using the teeny beads. Sir Chester would say this card is purrfect (except no kitty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So those cookies aren't real?! Now I'm disappointed ;) LOL. Shirley these are just brilliant 3d embellishments, your card is so clever with those sugar crumbs everyhere, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Shirley .. your card is so adorable! And I admit it: I thought the cookies are real, too *lol* ... it's truly amazing
    Wonderful job on this!!!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindys challenge
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! The "cookies" are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Shirley, this is SO CUTE!!!! I love it and love the sentiment with it, too! How much fun to have a play date with your sis-no, friend, you aren't old, you have experience! Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooo, this is such an adorable card! I love the sentiment, how perfect! and your layout and coloring and choice of colors are wonderful! So glad you could join us at PP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a cute card! I love the 'real' cookies on your card...
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am lovin this! need a glass of milk to go with your cookies! absolutely adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo darn cute. I hope you got lots of those cookies so you can make more of these cards. The sprinkles all down his shirt are the most fab for the finishing touch! I can just imagine how great it would be to get this card.

    ReplyDelete